The table below lists guide prices for a portrait in pastel:
- Additional costs will be incurred for a background.
- Other sizes and formats (e.g square) are available, and prices are available upon request.
- A 50% deposit is required in advance with the balance payable on completion.
- All prices are exclusive of shipping and (if applicable) import costs.
- The commission process starts with the discussion and selection of your photograph (please see guidelines below).
- Once your photograph has been decided upon, we discuss sizes, prices and time-frame (if any) together with any requirements for a background.
- When I have received your deposit I will book in your portrait and start it on an agreed date. I will send updates as I progress via email or personal message.
- When your portrait is finished, I will send you a final proof for approval before requesting the final balance plus shipping costs.
- Finally your portrait will be securely shipped with care instructions and a certificate of authenticity.
Please ensure you have a high quality photo available before contacting me. The following are some useful ideas to consider when selecting or taking a photograph for your portrait:
- HIGH RESOLUTION – The photo should use the maximum resolution of your device, preferably a dedicated digital camera rather than a mobile phone, and have a resolution of at least 2000-3000 pixels across.
- SHARP – The photo should be in focus and as sharp as possible with minimal blurriness. Fine detail should be visible such as individual hairs on the face and highlights in the eyes.
- EYE LEVEL – The photo should be taken at the eye level of the subject to avoid unnatural looking angles and distortion caused by perspective.
- NATURAL LIGHT – Take the photo outside in natural light, out of direct sunlight or on an overcast day, or inside by a large window. Never use artificial light indoors or camera flash as they produce inaccurate colour in the photograph.