I am a professional artist living and working in the south-east of England with my wife and four children.
I’ve been interested in art for as long as I can remember and drew constantly as a child and throughout my teens. I attended art college for a few years but instead of following a career into the arts, I worked for nearly 20 years as an educator in the IT industry. It is only recently that I rediscovered my original passion for drawing.
I’ve always been fascinated by colour, texture and the nature and quality of light. The endless variation of these things in the natural world, particularly in the animal kingdom, are the main subjects of my work.
I like to draw in a highly realistic style using my preferred medium of pastel pencils, and I use many different brands including Stabilo and Faber Castell.
Although commissions and the sale of original works form the backbone of what I do, I’m very keen to expand my horizons.
Hopefully in the near future I will be producing written step-by-step guides, and video tutorials with commentary as well as trying my hand at oil painting.
- Shortlisted – Jackson’s Pastel Portrait Competition – November 2017
- Finalist – DSWF Wildlife Artist of the Year 2018 – May 2018
- Winner – Pastel Category – Jackson’s Amateur Art Prize – September 2018
- Shortlisted – Artists and Illustrators Artist of the Year 2019 – January 2019
- Fresh Paint – Artists and Illustrators Magazine – April 2018
- Cover Artist – What’s On Guide Medway & Gravesend – August 2018
- Featured Artist – Made In Kent Magazine – Autumn 2018
- Featured Artist – Colored Pencil Magazine – November 2018