I’ve been interested in art for as long as I can remember and drew constantly as a child and throughout my teens. I attended art college for a few years but never took it that seriously and left it at that.
I hadn’t touched a brush or a pencil for over 20 years until in 2016 I rediscovered my original passion for drawing.
I’ve always been fascinated by colour, texture and the nature and quality of light. The endless variation of these things in the natural world, particularly in the animal kingdom, are the main subjects of my work.
I like to draw in a realistic style using my preferred medium of pastels, although I often use charcoal and coloured pencils too.
I live and work in the south-east of England with my wife and four children.
- Shortlisted – Jackson’s Pastel Portrait Competition – November 2017
- Finalist – DSWF Wildlife Artist of the Year 2018 – May 2018
- Winner – Pastel Category – Jackson’s Amateur Art Prize – September 2018
- Fresh Paint – Artists and Illustrators Magazine – April 2018
- Cover Artist – What’s On Guide Medway & Gravesend – August 2018
- Featured Artist – Made In Kent Magazine – Autumn 2018
- Featured Artist – Colored Pencil Magazine – November 2018